Saturday, January 15, 2011

Virgin Money London Marathon 2011

Slightly surprisingly my application for the 2011 London Marathon was accepted so  this is only a brief post to advertise my new sponsorship link  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/jesuitmissions.org

 The London Marathon is now run under   Virgin Money's stewardship. Last time  I managed to enter, Flora's organisation of the event as its sponsors, was excellent so I am curious to experience  how Virgin's mark will be stamped on this already  great event.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you the very best of luck, Jerry. You also have my unstinted admiration as I would be quite incapable of running a marathon nowadays. 10 km is about my limit. My last marathon dates back to the 80s... But I'm bound to say my record has yet ot be beaten by anyone in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Barnaby and thank you.

    There may be at least one more marathon left in me. I took 6 goes to beat my dad's pb of 4:18 minutes but as he was in his 60s when he
    ran his first, the family gene pool might help.

    ReplyDelete

Palm Sunday 2024

So much news about war and hunger in the world today, that some thoughts about Palm Sunday may be apt, leaving the newspapers and broadcasts...