2012 proved to be quite a vintage year in my view.
Nationally and internationally there were the Olympic and Paralympic games as well as the celebrations on the Thames for HM the Queen's Royal Jubilee.
More important family-wise, we celebrated the wedding of maytrees ma. to Stuart on what seemed be almost the first beautiful sunny day of the year.
Even the day job was memorable, leading to my first trip to Canada and then by train to USA - so what will 2013 bring?
What the next year will bring is never straightforward to predict but here goes in no particular order, for 2013:
1. One British national newspaper will be no more.
2. Ostensible 'religious' tensions arising not from real religious devotion but caused by hideous political extremism, will cause even more needless deaths.
3. The USA will not reach the financial consensus required to stave off recessionary taxation.
4. Chinese middle classes will make greater impact on their national politics.
5. Natural gas fracking will become more controversial especially in Europe.
6. The Catholic Church in the UK will begin to appeal to more people.
7. Young people will continue to have fun yet become more canny.
8. The UK government will tackle internet suppliers on their tax avoidance schemes.
9. Worldwide weather patterns will worsen.
10. There will be a British winner at a Wimbledon final.
The truth or otherwise of some of the above will be difficult to discern this time next year but the accuracy of others should be straightforward.
Finally - A happy new year to all who read this blog.