Friday, October 07, 2022

16 Miles Walk with Younger Brother

John selected the walk along The Wey to its meeting point with The Thames, thence to Hampton Court along the tow path.

Noteworthy was the great pub found by John in Weybridge where I had the best cheese, pickle and salad pub lunch I have enjoyed in years.

The pictures below are better than words in describing the way or should I say, route. 













It began to pour with rain at the 16 mile finish at Hampton Court but we found an open cafe and enjoyed drying out over another hot cup of tea.

Unbeknown to me Hampton Court Station is the end of a South Western Railways branch line so it was possible to wait on the train there for its departure twenty minutes later, rather than on a chilly station platform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kenwood

  Over the week end, mrs maytrees and I visited Kenwood, an estate I have not visited since my early twenties, well before our Dublin weddin...