Friday, October 20, 2023

Hilltop Kitchen Godalming


Younger brother and his wife Jan, very generously treated mrs maytrees, I  and youngest sister, to lunch yesterday in the sheds of the Hilltop Kitchen, over looking the  Downs  near Godalming Surrey.


The menu was interesting  and after some explanation from the waiter,  we all shared a variety of starters. Mrs maytrees and I followed, each with    huge salads. which included the best beetroot I have tasted for years.

Others had  the lamb  or the pork and we all enjoyed some extra roast potatoes with our main courses.

My brother and I who were driving afterwards, had really strong tasting non alcoholic drinks which well accompanied his pork amd my salad. Jan and youngest sister, enjoyed their alcoholic drinks while mrs maytrees was content with H20.

Interestingly, the menu was mostly  though not all, comprised of locally grown food.

For sweet, the Hilltop's vanilla ice cream with rasberries and affogato  (a strong black coffee) for pouring over, was scrumptious. Mrs maytrees enjoyed her creme caramel with boozy prunes though I snitched one of her boozy prunes - delicious.

Excellent company, location and food so thank you again to younger brother John and his wife, Jan for their great treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Doorstep Milk Delivery

      My parents used to have two milkmen delivering milk to the front door for our family of seven children. The Express Dairy and the Unit...