Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Biology conceit and family running

Maytrees min (age 20) suggested that she joined me on an evening jog over Wimbledon Common yesterday.   The need arose, quite why I am unsure;  possibly conceit/pride driven, for slightly faded father not to puff or otherwise lag behind rocket powered daughter.

 Interesting how  despite her pace being faster than my normal more plodding jog, I was able to keep up, yet when my usual jogging companion,  the headmaster who is not that much younger than me, threatens to increase the pace, biological protests  prevail and we soon revert to the slower jog.

Very enjoyable run anyway we both decided -  father/youngest daughter PBs times too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Palm Sunday 2024

So much news about war and hunger in the world today, that some thoughts about Palm Sunday may be apt, leaving the newspapers and broadcasts...